trio drabble...

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Frond Ferny - Freo

The International Student Breakfast today sucked. Seriously. I only had an oily pork sausage. Eww...but I met loads of people there. 3 girls from Zimbabwe, Sharon from Mauritius (Cheryl's roommate), Jason from Australia (OGL, he's doing his phd), Rachel from Malaysia (OGL), Ben from Hong Kong (OGL), then from Singapore - Jia Lin, Cheryl (both from JJC), Valerie, Cherie, Audrey, Amirah, Meera, Gabriel and some others whom I can't remember their names haha. Then, went back to Val's room to talk. All our Singaporean accents all came out and we let loose our Hokkien swear words etc haha...basically speech related to Singapore. We missed it like crazy man! Sharon was so amused at the colourful words we used hahaha. We feel abit weird here not being able to say 'lah', 'leh', 'hor' and all that hehe. Then, we left for Fremantle (the locals call it Freo). Went for lunch at the famous Cicerello's. Had it taken away and we sat on the lawn in front to eat. Lots of seagulls there. One of them let his errm...load...onto Jia Lin's pants and we all laughed. Jason said, "Welcome to Australia!" Hahaha...Jia Lin says she's got an affinity with bird poop cuz when we were still in JJ last time, another bird pooped on her. The chance was like 1 out over 800+? Hehehe...anyway, had a good time. Bought 3 little bars of French Vanilla, Caramel Melt Fudge and Caramel Cream haha. Ate the Caramel Melt just now. Feeling damn full haha. Man, I miss home like crazy; especially just now all of us were in Val's room talking about the food. Val's mum said she would send us the packet Herbal Chicken for us to cook. We all were like, "YES PLEASE!!!" Hahaha...I miss my mum's soup like crazy lah. Sigh...term hasn't even started and I'm missing home. But I guess I'm not feeling it too bad cuz Auntie Laura's around. Uncle Soo Poh's like the handyman heeh. And Ben...well, he comes home for dinner every weeknight and Sunday nights. But when I see him, I don't really talk to him cuz I don't really know what to talk to him about. We're 2 vastly different individuals. =) Owell...so much for being a cousin. =p Anyway, temperature today was good. Orientation starts tomorrow. I'm crashing Jia Lin's flat at 8.30am cuz that's when my freakin bus reaches campus. If I took the 9something bus, I would be late. Damn bus service. Owell, these past few days, I've been quelling my homesickness by watching the HZGG and BMJX shows haah. Watched Vanessa and Melissa's wedding cds yesterday and thought of Sir haah. God, I'm pathetic man. Owell, I AM away from home so why can't I miss him eh? =p Anyway, signing off now. Till then, tata guys!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home