trio drabble...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Frond Ferny - I'M HOME!!!! =D

I'm home!!! I'm home!!! Oh my god. I'm soooo happy to be back home. I can eat nice nice food and do everything I like except I hate the weather haha. It was ok today cuz it was windy. Mum hated it, Dad and I loved it. Mum was in tee and shorts and shivering slightly. I was in sleeveless and short shorts *grin* and I was as happy as a umm...chipmunk with a truckload of nuts (SBFF, 2006). Hahaha. =D

Anyway, I saw HSM DVD Encore Edition at Poh Kim at Novena Square (finally some Singapore places instead of WA hahaha) and it's $21.90 for the DVD. That's pretty cheap! I'm definitely getting it. Went out today to Suntec to reset my damn phone which locked. Pfft. All my contacts and photos are gone. Bah. Had to retype everything in. Lucky I have a contact list but my Aussie contacts are all gone. Technology IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD. Sounds familiar? GP essay topic. Muha. After that, went to Novena Square. Went for a cuppa. Mum and Dad drank coffee whilst I drank tea (so English =p). Saw the construction workers outside and thought of Aust. In Aust, the construction workers are Aussie blokes, unlike here, where they hire workers from Bangladesh, India, China (developing countries) etc. to work just because Singaporeans don't want the jobs. We ARE really picky about our jobs. Then again, can't blame Singaporeans. The Singapore weather is so darn humid. I don't know what the maximum temperature was today and I don't care because I know I can never be as cold as I was in Aust. Hehe. Dad went upstairs to his office for his Carom (sp?) competition. He lost but his team won because they won the last game (after my dad left). Mum and I went into Baleno. I got a pair of 3/4 pants and a pair of shorts. It stated Grand Opening, 20% off STOREWIDE. Note the word "Storewide". Utter bull. My 3/4 pants cost $29. Effectively, taking 20% off, it should be $5.80 less. (Sorry, didn't calculate final cost, Mum and I calculated discount hehe) The shorts are $25 and 20% off makes it $20 so that was right. BUTTTT, the 3/4 pants had no discount so Mum was staring at the NETS receipt and was doing some calculation. The cashier then told us that the pants was fixed price. NO DISCOUNT. WTH!!! You say storewide and now at the counter you tell me it's fixed price. What crap are you trying to pull on me?! Mum and I both weren't very happy of course. If this happened before I went to Aust, I would have told Mum to forget it and go but today, muahaha, they messed with the wrong me. I said, "If they say 20% storewide, it should be for every item." The 2 girls at the counter were adamant at first. You could tell they were pissed at us but Mum was quite angry and well, let's just say no one likes to mess with my angry mum. =) One of them eventually said, "Ok Mam, we'll refund you the discount." Mum got back $5.80. So for all people who want to put marketing signs up for advertisement in your shops, please make sure your message is clear and NOT misleading or contains falsehoods in ANY WAY. Brrr. We then went to Bata to get me some slippers for home because my Pooh slippers are like almost all torn. Then we walked around Novena Square waiting for Dad. Eventually we went to Chummeez Restaurant to get a seat and wait for Dad because I was hungry. We ordered Ha Gao, Pan-Fried Carrot Cake and Siew Mai first. I attacked the carrot cake when it came because I had been yearning to eat it(a good one at least) ALL SEMESTER. Dad came and we ordered more food. Was full after we were done. Went to collect my phone and realised that everything was gone. Bah. So angry.

Went home and played piano. *grin* The touch is SOOO different from Aunty Laura's house. This one's bouncier and the sound is more like a high-class piano. *grin* Aunty Laura's piano is German. It has kinda harsh sound, like German violins (apparently hehe). Was angry, so I played Kuhlau's Sonatina Op.55 #1 first because it has a few banging chords. So I banged my anger out. Then I played Clementi's Sonatina Op.36 #3 from memory as usual. Then Chopin's Nocturne Op.9 #2 from memory though I got one of the chords wrong. Then I tried Clementi's Sonatina Op.36 #6 which is a rather lively tune. For sight-reading that piece, I'd say I did pretty darn well for my grade standard. Then I played Chopin's Waltz Op.69 #2 which I started in Aust but haven't mastered. Haha. Then dinner. Had bee hoon, cod fish and veggie was broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and dunno what. Mum also cooked the runner beans from Aunty Laura's garden.

After dinner, I washed the plates (damn habit haha) and Vita was like, "Eh! I wash!" And I told her, "It's ok. I'm almost done." Hehe. I need new excuses cuz I did that yesterday night as well. Anyway, talked to Kor online, figured out how to pair my bluetooth on lappy to phone while Mum was clearing my clothes cupboard. Cleared some tees. Applied passports online for Dad and Mum. Had to clean up their photos with photoshop haha. Don't ask how it went. I made a white background for Dad's photo which I took and Mum said, "Don't use it." And I'm like..."Mum, you're telling me this NOW. I spent a whole half an hour cleaning up the background just now!" Hahaha. Eventually the touching up was pretty easy, cropped and resized it and sent it in. That's all I guess. Then I went to practice violin, shower, eat supper and here I am. Lol. Going to get violin tomorrow. So exciting!!! =)

Have fun at the mall Kor. 35 degrees is crazy. I'm glad it doesn't get that hot in Singapore otherwise I'd be sweating like a TAP. Hehehe. SBFF, 加油 for the exams! YOU IS KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! It'll be over reaaaallly soon, then you'll be as happy as a Charmaine after exams (Me, 2006). Haha. Anyone spot the little trend here? *grin* Alright, I'm off now. Will blog soon I hope (and when I feel like it).

Tata!!! *waves*

2 comment(s):

Ooooh... this woman is crazy! Hahaha... I think she is too happy to return to Singapore. Oh well, WHEN IS MY TURN???!!!! Can't wait liao... no wonder got so many repeating alphabets hor Mers? :P

By Blogger Lock Gor Gor, at 7:50 AM  

Please LOR...I'm not crazy. Don't worry, you'll be back soon!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...kan you update more often now that you're not studying heh.

By Blogger Frond Ferny, at 11:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home