trio drabble...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Lock Gor Gor: Life After Exams

Wow... it was like TWO months (and a few weeks) since Lock Gor Gor actually updated this thing... He sends his apologies ladies. :P

ANYWAY, EXAMS ARE OVER!!! But you know, the feeling of liberation can be a good or bad thing. It's a bit like, I wake up on Monday morning and I know not what to do. Haha... while Mers MORRRK is back in Singapore. That is absolutely smashing! Wish I could say the same... I saw my friend off at the airport on Sunday afternoon for his flight back to Singapore. He will be there for two weeks and then flying back to Sydney again for summer semester.

What has been happening in Lock Gor Gor's life? Hmm... well, he went to Brisbane and came back. Queensland is a pretty fun and nice place. People there seem to be less uptight about things (although it is a bit sparse as compared to Sydney). It seems to be less polluted there, and I can actually take DEEP breaths on the street (try doing that here on George Street and your lungs will most likely complain bitterly). Gold Coast was nice, but you know, it's a little bit like in lala-land. Everything seems so unreal, somehow.

I then had David over for a week in Sydney. That was fun too... and when he finally had to leave, I felt really sad. I think he really had fun while he was here... oh well, I will be going back to Brissy to visit him in April I guess cuz it's his last semester there. Following that, my life was pretty tumultous... as Vernon left for Singapore for 10 days. And then the weekend after he came back, Casper was here from Singapore. That was another fun week, albeit I had tests and assignments to complete since it was SO close to end of semester. We originally rented a midsize car from Hertz but it turned out they didn't have the model we wanted and gave us a Falcon XR6 instead. Wow, the power of that car is amazing (I mean, it is 4L inline 6). The drive is pretty good too, kinda liked it. I think if i were to get a car here, this may be it. And it's cheap too.

After that was kinda hellish week, since I had THREE assignments due that week. Somehow, I managed to finish all of them (and pretty well for the COMP2121 I might add), and then it was on to studying (or cramming) for exams. My maths is just not good... I am not a math person and it is intrinsically hard for me to know how to do those calculus problems BUT thankfully, I made it through and well, at least I did not feel SO Bad after the exam. Psyc was difficult (again, because it is so not my subject)... and the computing paper was a shocker. I shall reserve comments until I've received my results back (preliminarily, should be this Friday). Cross my fingers real tight man...

Well, as for my life outside of school... I have actually travelled out of Sydney the past few weeks. Just the previous Saturday, me and Vernon travelled all the way up to Palm Beach (the northern-most tip of the South Coast) on Sydney Buses L90, the longest route on the Sydney Buses network. The whole bus ride took like 1h 40mins. Slept on the bus of course and thank goodness they use like brand new buses on this route. It was a comfortable ride, pretty much.

Then, just this past Saturday, I followed Vernon on CityRail to Miranda, which is a Suburb at the edge of the street directory for Sydney. (It says that beneath this area, you need the Wollongong street directory) Amazingly, there is a really huge Westfield shopping mall near the train station. And they use these new (well, not THAT new but...) Tangara trains on the route. Pretty comfy ride again... I realise I am so spoilt on these new city buses, because when I was taking a suburb bus from Kingsford (my school) to Bondi Junction the other day, it really stank and it was totally defaced at the back. Yeah... it is so not like the buses we are used to in the city, which are probably polished a thousand times a day (ok... i'm exaggerating of course but you get the idea). My friend tells me - "uhh... this is normal" and of course, I didn't know what to say... haha oh well...

Oh, I also got on the prepay-only service 333 from Bondi Junction to city just the previous Thursday. Boarding is snappy for this service since it only accepts prepaid bus cards (i.e. your TravelTen or TravelPass). No cash is accepted on this service. I got from Bondi to the city in less than 15 minutes. That must be a record.

Okay... I am going to head to Bondi Junction for a round of shopping (and heat-escaping) since it is SO hot today. I heard it is going to hit 35degC so I am not taking any chances... slap on the sunscreen and head INTO the airconditioned malls. I just wonder how long can I wander around there. And maybe later on, go and catch the A380 at Sydney airport hahaha...

Later!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home