trio drabble...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Frond Ferny - Big W bargain!

Woohoo! Who would have known retail therapy would feel good? *grin* Was reading Big W's catalogue last night and came across some cheap winter wear. 2 cotton plain rib tees for $17. $10 jeans! Aunty Laura and I decided to go today. We went to Big W after lunch together with Uncle Soo Poh. Big W's located in Riverton. It's also the place where I bought my orange Slazenger vest for $8 last year nearing end of winter and I believe I also bought my pink booties there.

Anyway! We walked into the store and we saw polar fleece jumpers. Those were for adult females but we had a look anyway. Aunty Laura told me it would be good for wearing in the house and it was like $12.67. Got a size 8 (smallest one!) blue one. The pink one was a dirty pink and I didn't like it. Then we proceeded to the children's section and got the 2 cotton plain rib tees (long sleeves) - a red one and a grey/white stripe (I'm reminded of C.L.A.Y now! Heeh) one. Those were $15 for 2. Then we saw the jeans 'bin'. There were denim and corduroy (maroon, pink, purple, violet) pants. I initially took a size 14 as it's the size I wear normally. Went to try it on but found the waist TOO BIG! Got a size 12 to try and it was just nice. It would soon be too tight! Then my uncle saw in the inner rim of the pants what we thought was an extra button but it turns out that was the adjustable waistband the little sticker on the pants said. We were looking for it initially! Imagine how delighted I was! I ran back to grab a size 14. At the fitting room area, Aunt and I made the waist area tighter and I tried on the pants. Perfect! *grin* I've NEVER seen adjustable pants before! It's really good cuz if I get fatter, which I probably will, I don't have to get new pants. Designers should incorporate this into EVERY SINGLE PAIR of pants there is in the market. Oh wait, they would lose money then. *laugh* The pants had little designs on them. I especially liked the denim one. It's a princess tiara. Hey, it IS for girls. *grin*

We then went to the sleepwear section as I had seen flannelette pjs in another catalogue and my aunt told me they were very warm. The ladies' one was too big. Went to girls' section and saw a red one. I was like, "Red...too bright." Haha. We then saw a blue one with an orange spag and cute round-eyed penguins on it. Ooo! So cute! I grabbed a size 14 and we went to try it. It fit well. I started to feel hot there and then. Lol. Looks like it is warm. I wouldn't be too cold this winter then! Aunt said I could also use the spag top to go to uni in cuz no one would suspect it came from a pj. Who would unless they had a little sister at home wearing the same thing? Hehe.

Weather has been unbelievably hot for the last 4 days. Monday was 40.4deg, Tuesday 42, Wednesday 42.4 and Thursday was 37.9. DISGUSTING! Our rooms were all so hot we had to turn on the aircon, cool the living room then open the door and place fans outside our bedrooms so that the cool air from the living room would go into our bedroom. Gosh. Thank god it's all over. Today was a projected 27 but the max was only 23.9. Very nice. =) Cyclone George probably cooled the entire WA but he has also killed a few people when he hit Wodgina early yesterday morning. There's another cyclone coming and it's called Cyclone Jacob. Owell. I hope it doesn't come anywhere here. That's it hey! Enjoy the photos! First one is of my new pjs. My VERY first pair of flannelette pjs. Never had them before cuz we don't need them in SG. It doesn't get that cold. Second and third photo is my jeans. One of the design and the other of the adjustable waist. Oh my god. I can't get over that. It's toooooo smart! Kudos to the smart fella who invented it. It's just a piece of rubber with slits AND a button. It's just a piece of rubber...just a piece of rubber...just a piece of rubber... =)

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home