trio drabble...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Updates from Sydney

Hey,

Well, first of all, apologies for not posting earlier... been pretty tired the last few days due to hectic schedules. Anyway here's what's been happening the last few days -

Wednesday was a full day for me. In the morning, I went for my faculty orientation which was essentially professors and students coming to talk to us for the whole morning. Morning tea was a cold affair because of the weather and the BBQ lunch was a welcome change. After that I went for a briefing on Finding Work and then I went into town to look for my printer. Eventually settled on the PSC1610 I found at Harvey Norman in Martin Place. It was a terror to lug it home cuz it started pouring the moment I stepped out of the building. And the walk to the bus stop was unsheltered, which caused the whole box to be drenched. Fortunately, the insides were dry...

On Thursday, there was a talk about obtaining PR in Australia. That was followed by afternoon tea and a shopping trip at Eastgardens Westfield, where JL bought a 29" TV. Lucky him... Anyway, again it was raining almost the entire time I was out so ... much for the perfect Sydney weather. It's been gloomy everyday since I came.

Well, Friday today, supposed to be a slack day so I went to town for a while in the day to sort out my bank card. Got myself lunch at Australia Square as well and went home. Well, guess what? When I wanted to assemble my bed, the package was missing screws... Good God! So I had to trudge back to IKEA at Homebush Bay (which is a 1 hour bus ride with 1 transfer at some ulu place called Blaxland), get the screws and come back. I left at 3.45pm, I only reached home at 7.05pm. So that's how long it took... and couple that with the evening jam back into the city on Anzac Bridge. =( Had dinner at Star City with Vernon this evening, which was a simple roast of the day with chips n veges.

My bed is now set up but I need to sort out the room so until then, no pictures hahaha... ok girls, see ya!! I do wanna talk more about the briefings so I'll post again tomorrow.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home