trio drabble...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Life at UNSW






Hello ! After reading Mers Mork's post, I kinda share the same "heart attack" sentiments whenever the bus starts becoming like 5 or 10 minutes behind schedule. Reason is cuz it screws up my connection at Railway Square... and I have had the misfortune of disembarking from 501 only to see 393 or 395 pull away from the stop. Urrghhh!!

Oh anyway, school's started. I have tidied up my room a little bit (please don't panic when you see the photos cuz my desk is not normally that messy - I took out the camera bag that's why it looks a little crowded). Anyway, school's tough. I've been trying very hard to catch the lectures for Math and the Microprocessors module and I'm still trying to prep before I actually attend the lecture but looks like it's going to be a lot of background reading needed. It scares me to think that I have only been following possibly 10 or 20% of what the lecturer is saying.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that I may have to stay on here for the summer semester, which is from Nov to Feb. Reason being that I am taking Math 1A this semester and the module following that, which is Math 1B, is not offered in Session 1 commencing in Feb. What that means of course, is that I will either have to take 1B during summer sem OR wait till the next S2 2007 (Jul 07). I don't know which one I'd rather prefer but I don't want to be trapped here, I want to go back in Nov!! Today, I saw SQ fly over me on the way to Singapore and I was like... "Don't Leave Me Here!!!... Take Me With You..." Sighz...

Other than that, my life's been pretty ok. Well, not as if that is not hectic enough but, I got a few stuff done. I went down to DIMIA in Central today to get a label for my passport so that people will stop questioning the authenticity of my eVisa. I also tried to go down to the Road Transport Authority at Wynyard to get my NSW drivers licence... and the irritating woman there was so rude as to say - No Money Come Back Later! (menacingly by the way)...

I'm starting to realise that the people here aren't as friendly as famed. The only people who've really treated me well are the HSBC people, the lady over at Dymocks as well as the friendly chap over at Borders along Pitt Street when I went to enquire about my textbooks. The Asians are especially rude I find, and this is something that is quite surprising to me. I shall not put over here what I think about this lest I get sued for it...

Anyway, off to get my dinner... see ya girls soon! Take care...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home